Sunday, December 28, 2008

The great round up

So it's that time of the year when it's time to reflect on 2008. Many things happened this year. More nearer to the end of the year than the start. I started the year more and more close to completely being devoted to someone for the rest of my life. But as the year came to a close I am single. It's not an easy thing to deal with but I feel over the years I have become more strong and can accept more than I was usually able to.

I had many lasts this year. It's horrible to let go and move on but change is good. No point holding and clinging to something that is of no use. My thinking towards a lot has changed. I don't trust people as easily as I used to. I have learnt to draw certain lines and to erase certain lines. I was distancing myself from many dear frens whom I'm finally reconnecting with and it's splendid! I truly feel loved now more than ever. This time when I shower my love on people I actually feel the same love being reciprocated.

I have learnt a lot about love. I am glad it happened now. I'm only 20 and having to handle everything at this age seems a bit too much but I'm grateful that I have had the chance to learn life's biggest lessons at this age and to not repeat them later on in life. I thought that I'll never be able to move on after all the heart breaks. However I could and I did. There are days when I wake up and don't think of him at all. There are also days that I wake up and I can't stop thinking about him. My love for him was true and it explains why I am so deeply hurt. It makes me so strong however, when I realise that as the days go by. Not a single call or message comes from him. I don't even think that he misses me even once in the time that has gone by.

God has blessed me with a wonderful family and I can never thank him enough. My uncles more than make up for the lack of love from my father. My grandfather is my hero and I love him to bits. My family means the world to me and I know they love me like crazy. For them I won't give up. If there is one reason why I am still strong today it's all thanks to my family and their love and support and most importantly prayers.

I thank God for a wonderful year and pray that the year ahead would also be as blessed as this year. I pray that God continues to bless us all and keep us safe in his love and care and protect each and everyone of us. Amen.

No comments: